Text To Speech Free and Premium Apps for BlackBerry
Voice On The Go is the premium text to speech app for BlackBerry which not only reads the text from your pin, email and text messages but it also let you reply by converting your speech into text giving you complete freedom from the keyboard and screen. They have a free version available for BlackBerry called DriveCareFully which only converts text to speech.
As pointed out by Luis, the applications work by transferring the text data to their online servers and converting it to speech and playing it back through the BlackBerry. As per the app developers the data is only temporarily stored while it is converted to speech and is automatically deleted after it is fed back to the blackberry. You may want to double check your company regulations if you are using your office BlackBerry.
DriveCareFully- Free Version
DriveCareFully reads your incoming e-mails, PIN and SMS messages so that you can keep your hands on the wheel while you drive.
- Available in English, Spanish, and French
- Easy to use, includes an ON/OFF Switch
- Automatically Plays via Compatible Bluetooth
- Works with OS 4.5 or higher
- Drive responsible
Voice On the Go – Premium Version
Voice On the Go is their premium service application with all the features the free application has but the main differences is the added ability to converts your speech into text.
- Voice on the Go automatically converts your speech into text
- Email: Listen to, compose, reply, forward, navigate, and delete Email
- SMS: Send SMS
- Facebook: update status
- Twitter: send Tweets
- Calendar: listen to and create appointments
- Contacts: Search and call contacts
- Supports all POP3 and/or IMAP Email services, including: Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL, .Mac mail and Exchange.
The premium application has a 30 day free trial and it is priced at $5.99 per month. To learn more about their services go to www.voiceonthego.com