TELUS officially announces BlackBerry Bold 9700 is Coming in November
TELUS was a little behind in the news yesterday, but TELUS plans to release the new Bold 9700 with their HSPA network, along side Bell early next month. No pricing or exact release date has been announced as of yet. Stay tuned for us to get more details. Read the full press release after the jump.
TELUS to offer the BlackBerry Bold 9700 in November
TORONTO, Oct. 21 /CNW/ – TELUS today announced that it will be offering the BlackBerry Bold 9700 in November, the latest 3G smartphone from Research In Motion (RIM).
“The new BlackBerry Bold 9700 will offer both our business and consumer clients an amazing mobile experience,” said David Neale, senior vice-president of Product and Services at TELUS. “TELUS is focused on smartphone leadership for the benefit of our customers, and to that end we offer a comprehensive line-up of state of the art smarphones to meet our customers’ need to stay connected, informed and entertained on the go. The BlackBerry Bold is definitely a great addition to our smartphone selection.”
The BlackBerry Bold 9700 smartphone offers top-of-the-line performance, functionality and features with support for 3G HSDPA networks around the world, a next-generation (624 MHz) processor, 256 MB Flash memory, built-in GPS and Wi-Fi, 3.2MP camera and, a sharp, dazzling display and a premium finish. Its cutting edge engineering and premium finishes extends to the exterior of the handset as well, with the new model integrating apremiere of BlackBerry’s new touch-sensitive trackpad and added to the highly tactile, distinctive, fretted keyboard found in RIM’s premium full-QWERTY handsets. Chrome highlights and a leatherette back add to the new smartphone’s sleek and elegant look, while the narrow profile, balanced weight and soft-touch frame allow it to sit comfortably in one hand.
“The new BlackBerry Bold 9700 delivers state-of-the-art features and performance in a compact and beautifully designed handset,” said Don Morrison, Chief Operating Officer at Research In Motion. “This sleek and powerful 3G smartphone offers an incredibly refined mobile experience that is ideal for both personal and professional use.”
Features of the BlackBerry Bold 9700 smartphone from TELUS include:
- Sleek design measuring 109 mm x 60 mm x 14.1 mm and weighing just 122 grams
- Sharp and dazzling 2.44″ (62mm) light-sensing display (480 x 360 resolution at 245 ppi)
- Highly tactile, full QWERTY keyboard – with finely sculpted keys and chrome frets – for fast, accurate typing
- Innovative touch-sensitive trackpad that allows intuitive and responsive navigation
- Built-in Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g)
- 3.2 MP camera with variable zoom, autofocus, flash and video recording
- 256 MB of Flash memory
- microSD/SDHD memory card slot that supports up to 16 GB cards today and is expected to support 32 GB cards when available; a 2GB card is included
- Media player for videos, pictures and music, plus support for BlackBerry Desktop Manager for both PCs and Macs, and BlackBerry Media Sync for easily syncing iTunes and Windows Media Player music with the smartphone*
- A 3.5 mm stereo headset jack, dedicated volume controls, Lock and Mute keys seamlessly integrated across the top of the handset
- Access to BlackBerry App World, featuring a broad and growing catalog of mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones; categories include games, entertainment, IM and social networking, news, weather, productivity and more.
- Premium and easy-to-access phone features, background noise suppression technology and high quality speakerphone
- Bluetooth (2.1) with support for Secure Simple Pairing, hands-free headsets, stereo headsets, car kits and other Bluetooth peripherals
- HSDPA and quad-band EDGE support for global roaming
- BlackBerry Internet Service and BlackBerry Enterprise Server support
- Removable, rechargeable 1500 mAhr battery that provides approximately
- 6 hours of talk time and 17 days of standby time in 3G mode
Additional information about pricing and availability will be shared in the coming weeks.
* Certain music files may not be supported, including files that contain digital rights management technologies.
(xx) Some features require BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0