How to transfer files to and from the BlackBerry PlayBook via WiFi Sharing
This is the most convenient and easiest way to transfer files to and from the BlackBerry PlayBook to Windows PC or MAC over WiFi connection. This method doesn’t require you to install any 3rd party App on your BlackBerry PlayBook. All BlackBerry PlayBook screenshots in this post were transferred via this method.
Complete the following steps to share files over a Wi-Fi connection:
1. From the BlackBerry PlayBook home screen, select the settings icon.
2. Select Storage and Sharing.
3. Toggle Wi-Fi Sharing to ON.
My suggestion would be to turn the “Password Protect” ON as shown in above image for data security but it’s optional and you can still share the files to and from without requiring the Password Protection. If you haven’t turned ON the file sharing Password Protection before, the following warning message will be displayed advising you set one.
4. Tap Properties to verify network identification information. (PlayBook name, password etc)
5. From a Windows or Mac based computer on the same network as the BlackBerry PlayBook, navigate to the IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook which can be found under Settings > About > Network.
5.1 On a Windows computer, open the Run dialog box and type \\127.1.1.1 (where 127.1.1.1 should be replaced with the actual IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook)
5.2 On a Mac computer, select Go -> Connect to Server… and type smb://127.1.1.1 (where 127.1.1.1 should be replaced with the actual IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook)
6. When connecting to the media folder which contains several sub-folders such as documents, music, photos, videos, etc, the BlackBerry PlayBook user can then move files between the computer and these folders.
You will find the pictures taken from the Camera or PlayBook Screenshots into the camera folder. It should work pretty straightforward however leave the comment if you run into any difficulties.