How to enable Google Contact Synchronization – OS 5.0 Required
Two-way wireless Contact synchronization with Google Mail Contacts requires BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 and configuration through email settings on the BlackBerry smartphone. This feature is not supported on BlackBerry smartphones with BlackBerry Connect software.
To enable Google Contact Synchronization with your BlackBerry smartphone, please complete the following steps:
- Launch the Email Settings application within the Setup folder on the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Select the Google Mail address, press the menu button and select Edit.
- Scroll down and expand Synchronization Options.
- Make sure Contacts is checked and click Save.
- Confirm the Google Mail password and click OK.
- Information will start to synchronize. Please note that data synchronization may take several minutes to update on the BlackBerry smartphone. The BlackBerry smartphone user will be notified when synchronization is complete as demonstrated below.
NOTE: Contact synchronization occurs every four hours.
The wireless contact synchronization with Google feature is limited to 10,000 contacts. Once this number is reached, data synchronization of new contacts will stop and the BlackBerry smartphone user will get the following message:
You have reached the maximum number of contacts allowed by your <emailaddress> account. The BlackBerry Internet Service will continue to synchronize the existing contacts for <emailaddress> on your BlackBerry device to your <emailaddress> account. You can continue to add contacts for <emailaddress> to your BlackBerry device but the BlackBerry Internet Service will not synchronize these new contacts with your <emailaddress> account