Bolt Browser 2.1 Released with Facebook Integration, Support for HTML5 & more
Bolt Browser is one of the few 3rd party browser apps available for BlackBerry and it’s good to see the Bitstream is actively updating their Bolt Browser based on user feedback. The Bolt Browser is updated to version 2.1 which includes support for tabbed browsing, Facebook integration and support for HTML5 audio and video. The HTML5 support adds to the already large list of Flash video websites that work with Bolt.
What is new in BOLT 2.1
- Support for Tabbed browsing
- Facebook integration – post messages, links or URLs from any page displayed in BOLT directly to your Facebook account without navigating away from the currently viewed page.
- Support for HTML5 audio
- Support for HTML5 video
- Expanded streaming flash video support. Newly-supported sites include:
- Support for Facebook chat and other web-based chat apps.
- Support for YouTube web apps – search and view videos directly in BOLT
If you want to make the Bolt browser as a default browser on your BlackBerry, you can install this BOLT Launcher Plug-in (in addition to the BlackBerry specific version of BOLT) at : http://boltbrowser.com/bblauncher.jad. Existing users of Bolt browser should get the prompt in the app to download the update.