BlackBerry Desktop Manager for PC updated to v188.8.131.52
The BlackBerry Desktop Manager for PC updated to v184.108.40.206 with “Desktop Redirector” feature added to the main user interface. Now the new version includes “Email Settings” which is actually the old “Desktop Redirector”, where you can have Microsoft Outlook redirect emails to your BlackBerry in real time from PC. To provide more info the PC has to be ON (running) 24/7 and connected to the Internet and only the Microsoft Exchange emails without attachments are redirected to the device.
I am not sure why this Desktop Redirector is an integral part of the main user interface but I believe this should help resolve the issues with conflict in email service books with Desktop Redirector and BIS emails on the device.
- Support for new fields on the address book for your device
- Enhancements to the synchronization process for organizer data
- IP modem – User interface for using your device as an IP modem
- Application loader – Back up and restore secure services on your device while loading software
- User interface – Moved link to check for BlackBerry® Desktop Manager updates to the Help menu
- Operating system – Support for Windows 7 is included
- Language – Support for Greek and Hebrew
- Devices – Support for the BlackBerry Bold 9700 Smartphone, BlackBerry Storm2 9520 Smartphone and the BlackBerry Storm2 9550 Smartphone
You can update it from your already installed Desktop Manger via auto update or download the new version from the following link.
Important Note: After installing this version, when you connect your BlackBerry and see the prompt as shown in above image about your email associated with Enterprise Server and prompt you to generate encryption keys, select NO. If you select yes, then it might create conflicts with your BIS/BES email service books you already have on your device.
Quick Tip: If you have selected Yes, to the above prompt and want to disable the Desktop Redirector then on your desktop manager from the main menu, Go to Email Settings, Advanced and uncheck the Override address box.